7/31/2012

It's Raining Words

The rain and snow come down from the sky
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
It is the same with my words.
I send them out , and they always produce fruit.
They will accomplish all I want them to,
and my words will prosper everywhere I send them.
Isaiah 55:10-11

























The text above is embedded in the raindrops of the downpour.
Here is a close up



Painting by Therese Lydia Joseph
36x30, acrylic/mixed media
July 17, 2012


4 comments:

  1. Love the text in the rain drops.
    How did you do that!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Judith, thanks.
      I typed the text on a word doc, printed it, pasted the strips on to the painting and then carefully painted over and around them... and voilĂ !

      Delete
  2. This is incredible. I love how the couple seeks protection under the umbrella while they are washed with beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha... thanks Fanziska,
      Rain is good - it's a blessing - we just have too much of it in Vancouver - so that makes us 'blessed Vancouverites!"

      Delete