Wow I can't believe it myself. I have been married to my 'One and Only for 30 years.
Saj and I got married on August 7, 1982 in Blumenstein, Bern, Switzerland.
It was quite a rescue mission!
This is a photograph of our wedding day embedded in a mixed media painting.
After our honeymoon we moved to North Vancouver, Canada where we settled, raised a family and pursued our careers.
As a tribute to our 30th wedding anniversary I challenged myself to come up with 30 thoughts why I would relive the past 30 years all over again:
1. A ton of shared memories - the good the bad and the ugly
2. Many walks together - conquering hard times
3. Partners In Crime (never got caught yet)
4. Best Buddies after a fight or at least a week later
5. There for each other even if we are apart
6. Unable to keep secrets from each other (darn!)
7. Coffee Shop Couple - even though he gave up coffee
8. Gourmet Pair - knows the best restaurants - it's his job
9. He never gets mad if dinner is not made as long as I hand over the Swiss Chocolate
10. If I ask him to cook – he takes me out for dinner
11. He thinks my Chocolate Mousse is matchless ... mmm...
12. Lazy times together - couch potato times
13. Shared beliefs, values and trust - seeing eye to eye
14. Raising two wonderful sons - we are proud of
15. Great Dad to our kids even if they don't agree with each other
16. He still makes me laugh - still finds a joke for every moment
17. There are no dull moments except when he naps during the day
18. He never gets mad if the house is dirty - he does not see it
19. He hates gardening – good thing he likes the gardener
20. He cleans his car and gets our son to clean mine
21. He never checks how much of his money I spend on myself
22. He always checks how much of his money he spends on himself
23. He does not care for pets – neither do I
24. He calls me if he is 10 minutes late because he missed me (I think)
25. He does not make me do the laundry if he runs out of underwear – he buys a new pack
26. We hold hands in church like a good old couple does
27. I am allowed to have a headache, a backache or even a tummy ache
28. He stays out of my hair when I am in the studio – because I told him to
29. He changes his shirt if I feel it does not go with the suit – I am the visual artist