10/23/2012

MY JOURNEY TO THE HUMAN FIGURE (10)



Previous posts in this series
Relating the organic shapes of tree branches to curves and lines of the human figure
Evolution from tree to human figure - Learning from the masters - A can of worms
3 - Time to make up my Mind
"Reverie" and "Shangrila" Semi abstract painting - Bigger is better
Can I do this? Let the drawing begin - Learning my lesson
5- Just couldn't resist
I was left with my books, my sketches and my notes. What now?
6 - On the Road again! Up-hill or Down-hill is the question?
Full speed ahead - Attacktion Process - Don't waste your money on a Shrink
7 - Always Draw the Model
The key - We are having a great time - Check out the "Drawing" studio
8 - Who Cares!
Have Fun - Try using your non-dominant hand - Don't look
9 - At it Again
A bit rusty after the Summer break - Out of the Old - From all Angles





PPPP

Three hours of 
looking, eyeing and spying, 
drawing, sketching and scribbling, 
measuring, evaluating and guessing... one can get quite tired. 
After two hours of focusing on all the above I could have packed up and left. I was exhausted. 
One of my fellow artists told me to try drawing without looking at the paper - just to follow the contours of the body with my eyes and let the pencil follow the eyes. It was IMPORTANT to draw slowly trying not to lift the pen off the paper and of course without looking. 
I did just that and the result were amazing. I liked it. So I am sharing it with you. 



I call these 
'slow' and 'blind' drawings by 
Mrs Picasso Pencil Poetry Pictures (PPPP) 

They remind me a bit of Picasso's sketches, 
specially the feet and the thighs.





 This was a fun exercise.

 I forgot all about being tired 
 and could have gone on for a while longer. 




Try it sometime. 

It takes all the pressure off trying to be precise and realistic. 


















Stay tuned - for next blog post:
"Who Knows What's Next "

0 comments:

Post a Comment