7/22/2014

Small Squares

Here are two paintings I like to share with you... because I had so much fun with the process of those two small squares.


A PRETTY RIDE
1 - tearing out as many bikes as I could find in magazines
2 - finding a way to fit a face into a jungle of bikes was a challenge
3 - had to be daring to cover up big part of the collage
4 - check out the before and after




A PRETTY RIDE  -  8x8 inches  -  acrylic/collage



HORSE WHISPERER
1 - pasting an entire page of a cowboy on a bucking horse I found in a magazine
2 - had to turn the horse on it's side to fit a face on the canvas
3 - Can you see the cowboy's lasso, the horse's ear and eye?
4 - check out the before and after




HORSE WHISPERER  -  8x8 inches  -  acrylic/collage

4 comments:

  1. What fun! For some reason I never thought of using collage for the ENTIRE background and then going in with paint . . . seems so obvious now when I look at how you approached these.
    Thank you so much for sharing the before & after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith, I had so much fun with those two I am going to do it again soon... stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, looking forward to your article :)

      Delete